Sunday, July 01, 2007

New quote

I've added a new quote, taken from The Godfather Part 3 (I know - sucky movie). But I thought it was appropriate for the Cubs. This is what made me think of it. A few months ago at a party, two people at the party, a man and a woman were talking near me. The woman happened to ask the man "Do you go to Cubs games at Wrigley?" He said he did. Me, being the smartass that I am, quickly seized the opportunity an asked hime "Ever wonder why?" He said the beer is good. The woman turned to me and said "I suppose you're a Sox fan?" I said, no, I'm a Cub fan, but many times I wonder why I still am. Friday, I was reminded of why, and
this picture on desipio says it all. It's why we watch, and why we go to the games. Wrigley Field is indeed a great place to watch a game, but for me, it's about 1000 times better to go to a game when they're playing well and winning, than it is when they're not. Hell, I can drink beer at home. When I spend the kind of money that the Cubs charge, I want to see a Cubs victory. I didn't see the game Friday but I saw the replay about 100 times. Games like Friday and last Monday are electric when the Cubs win a come from behind walk-off game.
It would have been much better if the Cubs had swept, of course, but they were 1 pitch away from losing the series. The most critical thing about the 2 walk off wins this week is that usually the Cubs lose those kind of games. Nice to see us win those kind. Now as Lou says, we have to keep going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home